When surgical incision is sutured with non absorbable sutures, the wound should be disassembled after healing. Removing sutures is not as simple as you might imagine. It's not just dismantling the sutures.
First, we should understand the situation of the cut.The general surgical incision is divided into sterile incision,slight infection incision and infected incision according to whether or not the bacteria are infected.When removing stitches, in principle, it is not allowed to pass the lines outside the skin through subcutaneous tissue, so as not to cause bacterial contamination.The time of stitching for non absorbable sutures should also be considered in combination with the location of the incision, the local blood supply, the age and nutritional status of the patient, the size of the incision and the tension. In general, the incision on the head, face and neck is removed from 4 to 5 days after operation. The incision of the lower abdomen and the perineum can be disassembled for 6 to 7 days. Incision of the chest, upper abdomen, back and buttocks for 7 to 9 days. The incision of the extremities is usually disassembled for 10 to 12 days. It is sometimes possible to use an interval to disassemble the suture. The purulent wound should be disassembled immediately. The young patients can shorten the time of breaking the disassembly suture. Elderly patients, malnourished patients and diabetic patients can delay the removal time.
When the incision is restored normally, the suture removal process of the non absorbable suture is as follows:
1. disinfecting wounds, sutures, needle holes and surrounding skin with Iodophor cotton balls from inside to outside, ranging from 5 to 6cm;
2. left hand holding tweezers, gently lifting the line knot, so that a subcutaneously embedded line exposing a little, the right hand holding scissors, the hook side cut tip into the line knot, close to the skin, the newly exposed suture section to be cut;
3. the left hand holding forceps can pull out the line, and the direction of the pulling wire can only go to the side of the cut suture, so as to avoid the pain and excessive force of the patient to tear the wound.
4. if the first suture is removed without any signs of splitting, the other lines can be removed once and for all. If more than 10 needles are above, the tension is larger, and the stitches can be broken intermittently.
5. after removing the thread, disinfect the wound again, cover the wound with gauze and fix it with adhesive tape.
When the incision is not well healed, the swelling around the incision, hematoma, effusion, or the surface of the skin fission occur, after the dismantling of the suture, it is necessary to take the dressing, use the rubber cloth, add the dressing and cover with the bandage or the abdominal belt when necessary.
When the surgical incision is completely split or purulent, full drainage or two stage suture is needed after suture removal.
Notice of stitching for non absorbable sutures：
1. strictly carry out the aseptic surgery and operate softly.
2. the healing speed of the incision in different tissues, different ages or different parts is inconsistent, so careful observation of the incision and correct judgment of the healing condition are the prerequisites for the disassembly. If necessary, 1~2 needle sutures can be removed, the healing strength of the incision is explored, and all stitches or interrupted stitches are removed. Do not remove all sutures once the wound is poorly healed.
3. take care of your diet after taking off the line, do not eat spicy spicy food, pay attention to rest, can not help but exercise a lot.
In the case of the following circumstances, the disassembly should be delayed:
1.patients with severe anemia, emaciation, and mild disease;
2. serious water loss or electrolyte imbalance has not been corrected.
3. elderly patients and infants;
4. if the cough is not controlled, the thoraco abdominal incision should be delayed.
Of course, the better the stitch removal is, the better time to remove stitches. After the line is removed, the wound will immediately face tension increase. Tension may cause wound to split or wider and wider scars. At this time, you can attach a breathable meat coloured tape to replace it every two or three days. Because the scar is mature and the strength is stable for about 6 months, it is suggested that the adhesive tape should be put on for 6 months to achieve the effect of reducing scar width.
In short, when removing the non absorbable sutures , we should first pay attention to the healing of the incision. Secondly, we should pay attention to the time of removing the stitches and the maintenance after the removal, and the beauty of the incision healing.
Shanxian HAIDIKE Biotechnology Co., Ltd. (Shanxian Runte Medical Instruments Co., Ltd.) specializes in the production of non absorbable sutures and absorbable sutures, with different specifications and models. Our company is worthy of trust in foreign trade sales for many years. Welcome customers to come to consult and consult hot line: 0530-4660062